Friday, October 13, 2006

Hola amigos!

My experiment failed. I thought if I stopped blogging about Henry’s growth, said growth might be halted, and he would stay little for a few more years. Didn’t work out that way.

As Henry will now tell you quite clearly, he’s 2 years old (“I’m TWO!’)... that’s 25 months for you parents. So much has happened to him, it’s stunning. Really it is almost nauseating how fast they grow. I feel like if I blink, he has some new skill, like Algebra.

Some recent accomplishments:

-Count to 13 without error.
-The PERFECT forward roll.
-Air guitar with a plastic golf club.
-Pee pee on potty every day.
-Full phone conversation for nearly 15 seconds.
-Ability to load Norah Jones DVD into player, turn on stereo and TV, and hit play.
-Push over his slightly younger friend without any sign of remorse.

I am so proud.

That next to last one truly amazed me. He’s seen me load a DVD enough times to do it with precision himself. At 2. Yougottabekiddinme.

I am inspired by his love for Norah.

He asks for her over everything else in the rack, including Elmocize and Thomas the Tank Engine. I never truly understood the drive within some people to try to make it in the music industry. The chances of success are approximately zero. But my son truly desires to be a rock star, clearly. When the guitar comes on the Norah video, Henry runs to get his big floppy Orioles fishing hat (‘twas my Grandfather’s he got at Memorial Stadium), his golf club (specifically the putter, the driver will not do!) and spin around the room like a tornado. He urges me to join in, “C’mon Daddy! Dance Norah Jones!!” and gets me the plastic driver and a hat.

This little creature has a brilliant personality, and it makes my soul laugh.




ciaofernow

2 Comments:

At 10/16/2006 12:56 PM, Blogger veelz said...

Glad to see you back in the saddle so to speak. My little one is 10.5 weeks, but well on his way. They grow fast, and yes I would like to freeze dry him and keep him cute as hell. You will enjoy the two's, they don't have to be terrible.

 
At 10/23/2006 1:36 PM, Blogger Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

Glad you are back. And Henry is gorgeous! Those eyes will melt many a hearts in years to come, as will his rock star abilities... :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home