Thursday, April 06, 2006

Just in time for vacation...

Henry has been well ALL winter long. He had a minor cold last November, but made it throught the entire season of Winter without illness.

Just in time for our Colorado trip, the streak has ended.

Well actually the snot streaks have just begun, and, oh, are they fantastic.

Do you remember a show on Nickelodeon when we were kids called "You Can't Do That on Television"? I think Alanis Morissette was on the show, if my fog-laden mind serves me. (Quick googling proves my lack of REAL dementia.)

My favorite part of the show was when they 'Slimed' someone. They would pour buckets of this sticky goo over someone's head, and the person always had the same expression that said: "Holy Shit! This is never coming out of my hair!"

The slime looked like this:


This is precisely the same goo that is coming from my child's head this morning.

I wish I had a sped-up video of me chasing H around the house with Charmin while the slime streams onto the walls. Very amusing, if you're not me, I'm sure.


Did I mention we are flying to Colorado on Sunday?

Impeccable timing. The other folks on the plane are certainly going to LOVE us.

OK, I have to get back to snot patrol...


ciaofernow

2 Comments:

At 4/06/2006 8:53 PM, Blogger Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

No matter what we do, these things ALWAYS seem to happen. Just when parenthood seems to be going a little to well, BAM! a tooth, a cold, or both quickly put you in your place. At least you have a vacation to look forward to?!?!? :o)

 
At 4/15/2006 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, sorry I tagged you. They can be kind of annoying so I understand if you don't want to play along: http://www.mamac-ta.com/?p=242

Hope you had fun in Colorado...seeing your brother?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home