Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Warning: This lifestyle not recommended by doctors.

ÜberDad has no problem with not sleeping. I need sleep about as much as a fish needs water.

This schedule is kicking my ass. I was up until 2:45 this morning working on schoolwork that is due Thursday. No problem. But when Henry, who has decided that he enjoys getting up with the sun, was ready to be up and out at 6:15 this morning there was a bit more of a problem. My brain wasn't working at all. Good thing we've got a pretty good routine, because the diaper change and trip down the stairs were a complete blur. Some morning milk, eggs in the bowl to be beaten, bread in the toaster, we're doing good. Henry, thankfully, is really cooperative lately (knocking on my desk) and climbed up into his chair quite happily.

On a side note, I cannot believe what an amazing eater he has become. He chows ALmost as much as I do in the morning.

Breakfast is finished and the dishes washed right away (ÜberDaddy NEVER leaves dirty dishes, he SWEARS). So now I get a minute to relax and finish this cup of RFG (really f'n good) coffee. Mmmm mmm mmm... as Henry would say.

The next two days are non-stop. H and I will head to our buddy-sitter's house by 10, and I have to head straight to Bmore. I'll close the shop tonight at 8 after kicking out the damn racing team that spins on Wednesday nights, and drive the 40 minutes home from Mt. Washington. THAT is when the real fun begins. Working on 3 1/2 hours of sleep again, and spending all day at the shop, I have the pleasure of HOURS of school work to do when I get home tonight.

Fortunately my stimulant of choice is easily obtained at Starbucks, perfectly legally.

You would think that the lack of sleep and stress of keeping a perfect GPA would be cause for worry, wouldn't you?

Nah. Not for me. I'm ÜberDaddy. I can do anything if it helps secure a better future for our little boy.

4 Comments:

At 3/08/2006 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel for you. I can't imagine going to school or having another job or just doing anything that requires some degree of normal functioning in addition to what I do now. I just wrote my own post about being so ungodly tired right now. You are much better than I!

 
At 3/08/2006 9:24 PM, Blogger Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

Wow, that's a lot going on. Like you said, keep your eye on the prize and you somehow get thru it all, not that I know what your going thru right now. Pre-Emma, I had quite the nutty schedule, but thankfully scaled back when 24-hr mommyhood began. I say SuperDaddy, not UberDaddy!!!!

 
At 3/09/2006 12:06 AM, Blogger ÜberDad said...

Thanks for the kind words! Cuz I sure don't feel very Uber right now!

 
At 3/13/2006 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No update since Wed? Maybe you were able to take finally get some sleep and haven't felt like waking up yet. Don't blame you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home