Sunday, March 05, 2006

1.5 years (that's 18 months for you parents)

Today is my little guy's 1.5 year birthday. ONLY a new parent, and possibly a over-bearing grandparent or two, would ever EVER celebrate, or even consider, such a non-event. That said, I AM a new parent (relatively), so I get to be as Übergoofy as I choose, without care for outside ridicule. It's not like we hired a clown.

ÜberDaddy loves his little baby boy. Henry is growing up so quickly. Not to be cliche, but it seems like it was yesterday:

ÜberDaddy is ready to help... take pictures.

You worked SO hard to get your little lungs to work. Good job, kiddo.

You were SO big! 9 lbs and 15 oz.! WOW! (Poor Mommy!)

You are so beautiful!

I am so in love, and it just grew and grew, just like you.

You have become such a great little friend, companion and confidante. I love to dance with you, run with you, play drums while you play harmonica, and watch you cuddle with your Mommy.

I will always be there for you, as long as I live.

2 Comments:

At 3/06/2006 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures, I love flashbacks. He really is a handsome boy and wow 9lbs 15 oz??? Yikes! Exactly 1 lb more than J and I had a c-section b/c of it. You are in scrubs..does that mean your wife had a C too?

Does one get a cake on a 1 point 5 bday?

 
At 3/06/2006 5:51 PM, Blogger ÜberDad said...

He was a monster at birth. Yes, my wife had to have a C after 18 hours in labor. It was just awful... she only ever dialated 3.5 cm. Her OB-GYN was out of town, so we had a fill in, adding to our stress. Turned out Henry never would have come out the traditional way, so all the waiting was in vain.
The only really bad part (it was a very happy ending, obviously) was that I had to witness my wife's uterus laying on her belly. It was huge and gross, like a meat watermelon.
Henry got lots of hugs and kisses, but no cake for the 1.5. Had I thought of it, we would have had an ice cream cake for the occasion (any occasion is a good occasion for an ice cream cake).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home