Thursday, March 23, 2006

HDL, LDL, blah blah blah.

UberDad had a good time visit with the Doctor a few weeks ago for my annual physical. In my book, the 'annual' physical takes place every four years or so. If it's good enough for the Olympics and presidential elections, it's good enough for me. The conversation went like this, as far as I can recall (I tend to block horrible events rather effectively):

Doc: How you feelin'?

UberDaddy: Really great, thanks, and yourself?

Doc: Any problems?

UberDaddy: Nope.

Doc: Great, I need to check your prostate and bleed you out a bit. Drop trou, bend over and put your elbows on the table.

UberDaddy: :::GULP::: Wanna have a beer first?

So a week or so ago, I get a call. Not from my doctor, but some nice, young woman at some testing lab.

LabGirl: Mr. UberDaddy, please.

UD: Speaking.

LabGirl: I'm LabGirl and I'm calling on behalf of your physician. Your LDLs are too high. He said you need to exercize and watch what you eat.

UD: Is this a joke? Who are you and why are you harassing me?!

LabGirl: Have a nice day!! :::click!:::


I have to be honest, this is wholly disturbing to me. I just can't imagine what is going on...

Hmmm... Well H and I do eat eggs or pancakes for breakfast about 6 of 7 days, but still. High Cholesterol? Actuall, my overall number was fine, and my 'good' was excellent, but there's just too much goop (read:LDL) mixed in. Fantastic.

I could go on and on about how this happened to me. How the rigors of marriage and parenthood took me from this:

to this:

in just 5 short years, but I will spare you.

My health is my responsibility, and I need to take better care of it.

OK, I'm not exactly a blimp, but clearly I must stop eating so many egg yolks and giving in to late night candy lust.

UberDad is already on the right path, you'll be glad to know. I learned a trick from the cleavage-bearing Italian woman on the Food Network. In a feat of incredible skill, I can now SEPERATE THE YOLK from the whites without an enormous mess. So our morning meals can still be yummy, without further clogging going on.




Giada De Laurentiis is so hot. Even Henry stares...








ciaofernow

5 Comments:

At 3/24/2006 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so funny, but high cholesterol? Not so funny. Sorry man but since you've mastered the fine art of seperating egg yolk, I think you'll be OK.

 
At 3/24/2006 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Giana's head is entirely too big for that teeny, tiny little body she's got. Which, by the way, is completely unfair. She totally eats Nutella sandwiches all the time. I wish I had her big head and tiny little body....

 
At 3/24/2006 4:37 PM, Blogger ÜberDad said...

She definitely has an alien head. I agree. Still, ohmahgawdsheshot.

 
At 3/25/2006 1:00 PM, Blogger Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

Love the egg photo! :o) Glad you got the cholesterol checked out. Hard to keep up with it all, I know, but Henry's going to want you around for a long time, so it's worth the egg whites. BUT I wouldn't say Giada is exactly the best chef to keep you healthy (How much cheese can one person add to one dish?!) Although I my hubby agrees that she is DEFINITELY good for the eyes! :o)

 
At 4/03/2006 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're lame ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home