Tuesday, October 31, 2006

3 more feet and 150 more pounds

That's what you'll need, kiddo, before you best me like you did yesterday morning... and live to tell about it. Next time I take a sucka power punch to the eye, you better hope Mommy is around to save your ass.

You got me good this time, Henry.
You won't get so lucky next time.

Now that I know I have to defend my eyeballs against violent assault, my guard is up.

I think I scared the crap outta him enough with my thundering "NNNNOOOOOOO!!" and massive gritting of teeth that he will think twice before swinging at my face again. Let's hope.



Punk.





What is inspiring is that I could see the genuine remorse on his little face when he figured out that I was actually hurt. He said, "Henry take time out Daddy," and he sat on his bed and looked up at me pitifully. UberDaddy's anger faded quickly, and I asked him what he should say.

"I'm sorry, Daddy. Henry kiss Daddy's boo-boo eye?"

"Yes, please. It hurts."

"Henry sorry Daddy. Henry no hit."



"Good idea for your future wellbeing."



ciaofernow

p.s. Henry's excellent shirt seen in the picture above was purchased at the excellent online clothes shop for kiddos, Urban Baby Runway. Support Stay-At-Home-Parents, and dress your fav kid is something cool for a change!

4 Comments:

At 10/31/2006 3:40 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Glad to find you again, UberDaddy. That Henry is sure a hard-ass with a heart of gold. That he punished himself makes me melt.

 
At 10/31/2006 4:42 PM, Blogger ÜberDad said...

Funny, my reaction was more of a melt-down than a melt.

 
At 10/31/2006 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooouch! But with an apology as sweet as that I would have let him hit the other eye too.


thanks for the plug, he looks great :)

 
At 11/01/2006 11:05 AM, Blogger Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

What a nice combo of toughy, but sweetie! Sorry about the eye, but these are the things memories are made of... um, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home